The Amgen Foundation, Inc. will consider grant requests from nonprofit organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax exempt public charities under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), (2), (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, located in the United States and Puerto Rico. In addition, the Amgen Foundation will consider requests for funding from governmental organizations located in the United States where the purpose of the grant is to support a charitable, educational, scientific or literary purpose. Thus, eligible grantees may include public elementary and secondary schools, as well as public colleges and universities, public libraries and public hospitals. Successful requests will fall within both the current eligibility guidelines and funding priority areas established by the Amgen Foundation. The Amgen Foundation has established grantmaking partnerships with qualified intermediary partners to manage donations to organizations chartered in Europe.
- Organizations may only submit one request a year for funding.
- The Foundation's review committees meet quarterly.
- U.S., Puerto Rico, and Europe letters of inquiry must be submitted online by clicking here. Paper forms will not be evaluated.
Please review the Letter of Inquiry Checklist and the Grant Application Checklist to verify the information that you will need to provide as part of your grant proposal.
The Amgen Foundation will not consider requests for:
- Support to individuals
- Fundraising or sports-related events
- Corporate sponsorship requests
- Religious organizations unless the gift is designated to a program that is secular in nature and benefits a broad range of the community (e.g. soup kitchens and homeless shelters). Additionally the program must have a formal mission and separate budget and staff.
- Political organizations or lobbying activity
- Labor unions
- Private foundations
- Organizations not described in sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), (2), (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.