Ethical business conduct, professional behavior, adherence to acceptable business principles, personal integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations are expected to be consistently demonstrated at Amgen.
It is Amgen’s policy to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to workplace conduct. This policy sets forth requirements for Amgen staff members at all Amgen sites to exhibit appropriate conduct in the workplace and to comply with applicable standards of professionalism.
The following types of conduct are prohibited:
- Conduct that, in Amgen’s judgment, interferes with operations, discredits Amgen, or is offensive to customers, government employees, fellow Amgen staff members or their representatives or others;
- Failure to adhere to accepted industry standards for specific professions (e.g., physicians, attorneys, and accountants) when functioning as such a professional for Amgen;
- Conduct that fails to promote a professional environment;
- Unlawful discrimination in any phase of the employment relationship on the basis of any legally-protected attribute, status, or characteristic. Laws vary by country, state, and region and include some or all of the following:
- Race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, disability, and disabled veteran or veteran of war;
- Unlawful harassment of any kind, including sexual harassment; and
- Intimidation or retaliation that violates the Compliance Reporting and Non-Retaliation Policy
Professional Conduct Policy