Precision and Personalized Medicine
To drive the next generation of precision medicine and personalized treatment approaches, Amgen applies expertise in R&D, drug discovery, human –“omics,” emerging technology and data analytics to expand our ability to address a number of the leading causes of death and disability.
Amgen is focused on the pursuit of therapies with large effects in serious diseases. Our investments in R&D are designed to generate the next generation of medicines that treat patients in a more precise, personalized way.
Our investments position us for long-term success through:
By the Numbers:
- Over the past five years, we have invested nearly $19 billion1 in R&D and reduced our drug development timelines by 36 months as compared to previous efforts, with the goal of bringing medicines to market safely and more quickly.
- More than 31,000 patients are enrolled in some 150 clinical trials around the world involving dozens of potential new Amgen medicines.2
- More than 80% of our studies are now designed with the assistance of modeling and simulation.
- This is a non-GAAP financial measure. 2015-2019 Amgen Inc. Full Year Financial Results.
- Amgen 2019 Letter to Shareholders.