Performance


We measure and report on our overall carbon emissions, energy, water use, and waste disposed. We include data gathered from 16 manufacturing, R&D, and distribution facilities located in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe, representing (based on square footage) approximately 88% of our operations. For the remaining 12% of square footage, primarily administrative offices, we estimate energy usage to calculate carbon emissions. We measure progress toward our targets by quantifying results independent of growth or contraction of our business. We do not include facility or building closures or recently acquired facilities in our target progress. Our 2021 environmental data have undergone a reasonable assurance audit.

 


CarbonCarbon

We're data driven and strategic in our approaches to reduce carbon emissions.


WaterWater

Water is a vital resource for our business that we are working to conserve.


TrashWaste

We are studying ways to eliminate waste at its source.


TargetsFleet

We’re including more-fuel-efficient vehicles in our fleet.


TargetsTargets

We're making progress towards achieving our 2027 conservation targets.


Data and Reporting

We have compiled our environmental performance data and independent assurance statement in a complete summary. Amgen discloses data to investors through CDP in the areas of climate change and water .